Opening an Account

  • Accounts are generally available to all, including those who have been blacklisted elsewhere.

  • An account for day-to-day use can be opened and we require you to open a separate savings account. Both are similar to high street bank accounts.

Where do I open the account?

You will need to come into the Commercial Street office in St Helier or contact the administrator for any Common Interest Group that you might join (see below "Common Interest Groups" ).

Contact us

You will need to:

  • fill out an application form
  • bring some form of photographic identity such as a passport or driving licence
  • bring a copy of a recent household bill in your name to confirm your address

If you do not have any of these documents please check with one of our advisers to see if any other documentation will be acceptable.

We go out of our way to make this process as easy as possible.

Common Interest Groups

These groups are formed by individuals who have a common interest, such as residents of a housing trust or social club. The central "Jersey Group" is for those who do not have access to any other group.

Currently The Bridge; the Women's Refuge and the Shelter Trust all have Common Interest Groups.

However, if you would like to set up a group please contact an administrator at our our head office in Commercial Street - telephone 737555.

Find out more about operating your account